We know, as a fact, that breast milk is best for babies. However, we also know that the human body is not perfect and what your should body should be doing is not always what your body can do. The truth is, many women find themselves unable to exclusively breastfeed.
Struggling to breastfeed only to find that in the end, you have no other choice but to supplement, is a hard thing. You may find yourself asking "Why me?" or feeling all alone in your struggle. But you are not alone.
There are many reasons why a womans body is unable to produce enough milk. There is still a lot of research that has to be done in order to find out why this occures. Some women have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), a disorder in which breast tissue does not form correctly, therefor making it hard to breastfeed. There are some women who simply do not produce enough milk, and there is no reason.
1) All posts are automatically public. If you feel your post will be "snarked" on, please feel free to lock them for members only.
2) No flaming please. I realize that formula is not as good as breastmilk, but some women do have to supplement for medical reasons. If you can not say anything nice, please do not say anything at all.
3) Please keep all pictures and/or long entries behind a cut.
4) Any promoting must be first approved by the moderator.
5) If there are any problems, please feel free to contact me in my personal journal.
This community is made for women of all ages, relationship status, wealth, etc who are supplementing. Whether you have to supplement for medical reasons, or you choose to supplement, here is a safe place for you to talk about it.